Mindfulness is the practice of being completely aware of what is happening in the present moment, to be fully aware of all that is going on within ourselves and all that is happening around us without judgement. Mindful eating is the practice of mindfulness while eating – paying attention to thoughts, emotions and physical sensations as we eat. This practice of being fully present helps us to be in the here and now – where we can make purposeful choices around food and eating. Join Megan Elliott, C-IAYT for this informative and experiential workshop, meant to give you a taste of what a mindful eating practice looks and feels like for you.
Together we will share and touch on topics like:
- The distractive nature of our culture reinforcing mindless eating
- The shame and guilt cycle around food and body image
- The benefits of eating mindfully – why we do what we do
- Food as nourishment for the body
- Mindful eating tips and mindful movement practices
This workshop is for all bodies and will include simple movements and a gentle breathing practice. Please wear comfortable clothes.
$20. Please pre-register.
Megan Elliott, C-IAYT