Classes take place on Tuesdays from 6:30pm to 8pm.
Grace in Motion®
A moving celebration of spirit…praise God! All dance and fitness levels celebrated… you can even dance in a chair! In this fun and easy dance class, we join in loving community to express our love for God, our love for all of humanity, and for our deepest self. Enjoy the camaraderie of dancing with others to beautiful and fun Christian music and prayer. All faiths and beliefs welcome! Bring two yoga mats or use the ones at Genesis. Guests will sign a release form.
What you can expect in the class:
- We begin the class with focused breathing and a prayer. We set an intention for our experience.
- We hit the music! Warming up the legs and spine with a gentle song, we ground to the earth and connect with this blessed, present moment.
The next few dances build in energy as we connect with our new friends, our creativity and our deep spirituality.
- We then slow it down. Dance prayers come home to the heart with simple moves and gentle music.
- We cool down and stretch to a gentle and inspiring song.
- We calm our minds with some focused breathing, guided prayer and meditation.
- We bring the peace and joy we cultivated in class out into the world!
Facilitated by Christine Thibodeau
Christine is a Certified Public Accountant by trade, but her mission work is Christian Dance and also supporting and educating parents of children with trauma. She is an adoptive mom of ten years, and an avid yogi of eight years. She practices yoga at Heartsong Yoga in East Longmeadow, MA. All her mission work is performed with passion, love, and at no charge.
Grace in Motion®
Christine received her certification in both Let Your Yoga Dance®and Grace in Motion in February 2021 from Megha Nancy Buttenheim, the founder of both practices and a former long time teacher at Kripalu. Grace in Motion is simply another name for Let Your Yoga Dance; in this case it represents a Christian version of Let Your Yoga Dance.
Since receiving her certification, Christine has been teaching weekly zoom Grace in Motion classes on Saturdays at 10am to local friends and to a Christian Women’s Prayer Group in New Jersey.