Genesis COVID-19 Statement
Category: News Articles
While the COVID-19 pandemic is not over, at Genesis we are preparing for a New Beginning!
The colder weather is here and Genesis staff have been delighted to welcome many guests back on-site, even as we also continue on-line programming offerings. This information is current as of November 20 and will be updated regularly.
(Click here) to visit the list of our program offerings up to February 2021.
For all visitors and guests - Please do not come to Genesis if you:
- have symptoms of illness, including cough, fever, loss of taste and smell, runny nose, vomiting or diarrhea. We will issue a full refund of fees you have paid.
- have traveled by airline, train or bus within the past 14 days.
- have been exposed to someone who is confirmed to have COVID-19.
Visitors are welcome to walk the grounds of Providence Arboretum at Genesis, observing physical distancing.
Groups meeting outdoors are required to practice physical distancing of 6 feet.
- Coordinate your visit in advance with the Genesis office at 413-562-3627.
- As possible, bring your own chair. A limited number of sanitized chairs will be available from Genesis.
- At this time, we are restricting access inside Genesis buildings, including bathrooms - please plan accordingly.
- We appreciate your taking any beverage containers or trash with you when you depart.
For sessions held indoors, guest sign-in and temperature check are required.
- We continue to follow Massachusetts' physical distancing guidelines and are limiting the attendance for sessions held inside in accordance with regulations.
- Face masks must be worn in hallways and public areas inside Genesis.
For overnight stays, in addition to the above:
- We are currently following the Commonwealth of MA guidelines regarding guests who reside in "high risk" states who are coming to Genesis for overnight stays. For those guests coming from "high risk" states, a COVID test is required within 72 hours of arrival at our center with the negative test results submitted to Genesis prior to arrival. In addition, please be aware, depending on your state of residence, there may be a quarantine period of up to 14 days upon your return home. We strongly suggest to consult your state website COVID information for more details.
- Currently, we offer single-room overnight accommodations only.
- Soap and hand-sanitizer will be provided in each guest room as well as throughout the buildings.
- Dining seating will be arranged to preserve physical distancing. Meals will be served individually at table.
- Shower and toilet stalls will be assigned and a cleaning schedule will be posted to aide in planning your day.
If an on-site program is also being offered as an online live-stream:
- You will see two registration buttons on the page. Select the option of your preference - on-site or live-stream from your home. If you are live-streaming from your home, after you register, an email will be sent to you prior to the start of the online program with Zoom access information.
- To access our online live-stream programs, you will need to register for a FREE Zoom account at this link: https://zoom.us/ If you do not currently have the Zoom app installed on your home computer or your cell phone, you can find the correct app here: http://www.zoom.us
We welcome any questions regarding programming or physical distancing guidelines at 413-562-3627.