Part-time Dining/Kitchen Associate
Love people? Want to make a difference? And how does working in a retreat center sound? Yes! We have the job for you!
Genesis Spiritual Life and Conference seeks a part-time dining/kitchen associate to assist the head chef in creating an outstanding guest experience. Help support our culinary services ensuring guests enjoy a friendly and attentive dining experience.
Must possess a positive attitude and be a team player with good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language. Have a general knowledge of food and the operation of kitchen/dish room equipment. Be able to lift an average of 60 pounds without restrictions, bend and twist
In all aspects of the role, you are able to seamlessly integrate and communicate the Genesis mission of revealing an environment that reveals the love of God for all creation and brings hope and healing to all who come.
Anticipated hours: 20 hours/week. Flexible schedule to accommodate evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary range: $14.25-$15.00
Application deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, until filled. Anticipate filling the position on or before Sept. 1, 2022.
Summary: The Dining/Kitchen Associate assists with dining services and kitchen functions, focused on our guest’s experience.
Responsibilities (summary, not all-inclusive)
- Food Service:
- Greet Genesis dining guests with a friendly smile, anticipate and respond to needs
- Serve guests as needed, gracefully and with sensitivity to their requests
- Check snack tables, program rooms, Fireplace, Dining, and Guild rooms and make sure that they are stocked, clean, and ready for guests
- Deliver food to other spaces throughout Genesis for guests including the Carriage House, and Friendship Hall as needed
Cleaning & preparing rooms:
- Prepare dining room for guests:
- Wipe down chairs and clean when needed after meals
- Wash and dry tables and placemats in the dining room
- Reset tables for the next meal
- Vacuum rugs after each meal
- Wash and refill sugar, salt, and pepper on each table
- Wash dishes, silverware, serving dishes, and pots/pans in the dishwasher or back sink and put them away
- Put food serving table away and set up tables for the next meal
- Empty all trash and clean the kitchen floor
- Check coffee machines, ensure filled adequately, clean, and supplies are available
- Before leaving, make sure that all machines are turned off (lights, stoves, coffee machine, steam table, fans, coffee machine in the Fireplace room, etc.)
- Work with housekeeping staff to ensure that dining rooms are thoroughly cleaned on a regular schedule including windows, windowsills, curtains, paintings, etc…
- Write out the menu on the menu board for guests before each meal
- Clean and monitor counter and filters on water dispenser in Carriage House hallway
- Assists in putting away food orders and deliveries as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language
- General knowledge of food and operation of kitchen/dish room equipment
- Must be able to lift, bend and twist
- Must be able to lift/move an average of 60 pounds without restrictions
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Able to give and receive direction
- Ability to flex schedule to accommodate changing needs in a retreat environment, which will include nights and weekends
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and setting dining tables; putting out prepared food for guests
- Other tasks as assigned to support Genesis’ mission of hospitality
Apply through Indeed.
No phone calls please.