Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Love people? Want to make a difference? How does working in an Arboretum sound?
Yes! Yes! Yes! We have the job for you!
Genesis Spiritual Life and Conference Center seeks a part-time administrative assistant to support Genesis programs, hosted events, and special events, as well as ensure that the overall office runs efficiently and effectively.
Must possess phone and in-person hospitality, excellent written and verbal communication, experience with various office software and equipment, ability to write reports and presentations, and a detail-oriented team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
In all aspects of the role, you are able to seamlessly integrate and communicate the Genesis mission of revealing an environment that reveals the love of God for all creation and brings hope and healing to all who come.
Anticipated hours: 24-28 hours/week Flexible schedule to accommodate evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary range: $15.00 - $17.00
Application deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. Anticipate filling the position on or before Sept. 1, 2022.
Summary: Working closely with the Marketing & Program Manager and the Registrar & Events Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for Genesis programs, hosted events and special events, as well as ensure that the overall office runs efficiently and effectively.
Responsibilities: Administrative Duties:
- Answering or transferring phone calls, and responding to general inquires
- Arranging staff meetings
- Maintaining the office calendar for staff schedules and vacations
- Writing memos, correspondence, invoices, receipts, spreadsheets, and other reports as needed
- Assisting in keeping the office database and filing system up to date and organized
- Purchasing office supplies and working with vendors
- Sorting and delivering all mail and faxes
- Participating in and preparing meeting minutes for weekly Program Working Group meeting
- Processing Genesis Program and Retreat registrations in Salesforce including email, mail, and phone registrations
- Process registration payments
- Prepare and provide to bookkeeper batch reports
- Work with appropriate staff members to reconcile accounts with the bookkeeper
- Follow up on with participants for payments not received
- Track Program and Retreat actual income and projections to support budgeting and reporting
- Assist in creating check-in lists
- Prepare stipend check requests for presenters and process refund requests for cancellations
- When required, welcome guests, provide orientation and check-in on both weekdays and weekends (an appropriate notice will be provided)
- Coordinating scholarship / financial aid requests
- Providing on-site and Zoom program support, as needed
- Fundraising and Event Administration:
Processing financial donations:
- Inputting information into Salesforce
- Creating and sending financial donation tax receipts/thank you letters for Executive Director's signature
- Filing letters for gifts over $200 for the auditor
- Creating lists from Salesforce and other mechanisms for donors, volunteers, guest solicitation, retention, and recognition
Wine Taste Fundraising Event:
- Attending Wine Taste organizing meetings, following up on administrative details as needed
- Formatting and printing letters to Wine Taste potential sponsors, raffle/auction donors, and guests
- Tracking responses, entering into Salesforce, sharing information with Bookkeeper, and sending acknowledgments
- Coordinating raffle and auction prize details including solicitation, recognition, acknowledgment, and preparing items for night of the event
Providing staff support:
- Administrative (letters and acknowledgments, attends meetings)
- Logistical (volunteer coordination)
- Hospitality (setup, and cleanup)
- Assisting with Wine Taste week of event preparations and after event closing activities including assisting with setup, cleanup, creating and sending thank you letters, and general event resolution
- Attending Wine Taste debrief meeting, making notes in preparation for the next year’s events
- Excellent phone manner and in-person hospitality to all visitors
- Ability to integrate and communicate the Genesis mission through behavior and dialog
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with various forms of office software and equipment
- Able to write reports and presentations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with database management, Salesforce preferred
- Team player
- Detail oriented, Multitasker
- Ability to work with staff across multiple departments
- Graciousness in negotiating traffic flow and interruptions in lobby environment
- Ability to flex schedule to accommodate changing needs in retreat environment, which could include nights and weekends
- Cleaning, sanitizing and setting dining tables; putting out prepared food for guests.
- Other tasks as assigned to support Genesis’ mission of hospitality.
Apply through Indeed.
No phone calls please.